Family School Enhancement Counsellors
Our Family School Enhancement Counsellors support the social, emotional and mental wellness of students and families within their home, school, and community through early intervention and prevention. Family School Enhancement Counsellors work alongside school counsellors. To find a school counsellor, please visit your school's website.
Family School Enhancement Counsellors meet with children, youth, parents, and families to go over issues affecting student success supporting them to look for options, develop strategies and find solutions.
- Provide support services to families and children facing social, emotional, and family challenges
- Build skills with students in small groups
- Promote effective communication within families and between parents and students
- Assist families in navigating and finding information and resources, such as counselling services, income support, community programs, etc.
- Promote preventative opportunities within the schools and community
- Provide support in schools and in the home
- Collaborate with community agencies
- Organize family events and parent sessions
- Enhance Catholic family values by building home, school, and parish
Please click here for a list of community resources for Red Deer and area.