Catholic Education Week
Catholic Education Week 2022
We are pleased to celebrate Catholic Education Week on May 23-27, 2022.
The theme for this year's Catholic Education Week is
Rebuild, Restore, Renew Together / Rebâtir, Rétablir, Renouveler Ensemble
“Behold, I make all things new.” (Revelation 21:5)
«Voici que je fais toutes choses nouvelles.» (Apocalypse 21,5)
2022 Hashtags: #CEW2022 #RebuildRestoreRenew #IBelieveInCatholicEd
World Catholic Education Day
Every year, 40 days after Easter on Ascension Thursday, Catholics across the globe give thanks for the gift that is Catholic education through the celebration of World Catholic Education Day.
Catholic education has served nations for centuries through teaching students in their faith. Throughout Canada, provinces, territories, and dioceses dedicate special days or weeks to celebrate Catholic education. In keeping with these celebrations, World Catholic Education Day is a time for Catholics around the world to take a moment to pause, reflect and pray on the gift that is Catholic education.
This year World Catholic Education Day will be on Thursday, May 26.
We are wearing blue!
Everyone is encouraged to wear blue in support of Catholic education on World Catholic Education Day on Thursday, May 26 and post a photo on social media using #blueforcatholiced and #ibelieveincatholiced.
Blue signifies constancy, fidelity, genuineness and aspiration and is especially associated with the Blessed Virgin. This is very appropriate as we celebrate Mary during the month of May.
Information Sheet for Catholic Education Week & World Catholic Education Day 2022
Catholic Education Week (CEW) - Celebrated May 23-27
- Catholic Education Video: A video of how our schools celebrate Catholic Education will be shared at the beginning of the week at parishes and on social media.
- The Communications Department and Faith Lead Teacher will be scheduling information that will go out on social media and websites throughout the week.
- Five Marks of a Catholic School - GrACE (Grateful Advocates for Catholic Education) is asking us to join in solidarity with celebrating the 5 Marks in 5 Days for Catholic Education Week.
- Daily Prayer: Faith Lead Teacher has written prayers for use throughout the province promoting the 5 Marks of a Catholic School. We invite your schools to begin each day using these prayers for your daily announcements. Please invite your teachers to begin their lessons with these prayers. The Communications Department and Faith Lead Teacher will be working on social media images to share these prayers with our stakeholders. The prayers are shared on the Faith Landing Pad page: Catholic Education Week Resources 2022
- School Social Media Posts: If you wish to post your own school photos or videos, please use the hashtag #ibelieveincatholiced. It would be great if the photos could coordinate with the “mark” of the day. Please see the GrACE document for the Five Marks of a Catholic School and more information.
- see www.rdcrs.ca/faith/catholiceducationweek for more information.
World Catholic Education Day (WCED) - Celebrated Thursday, May 26
- Liturgy: As our tradition for WCED, our division has come together in solidarity through prayer. There has been 2 liturgies created for our division. With grateful hearts we thank Shawna Frentz for creating the Elementary Liturgy and Jo-Ann Kelly for creating the Middle and High School Liturgy. These liturgies can be found on the Faith Landing Pad page: Catholic Education Week Resources 2022
#BlueforCatholicEd - The movement to “Wear Blue for Catholic Education'' will be promoted on Thursday, May 26 in recognition of World Catholic Education Day. Please feel free to post pictures of staff, students and families wearing blue on social media and use the hashtag #BlueforCatholicEd