Building on the scriptural themes of Grade 7, the Grade 8 program focuses students’ attention on the person of Jesus Christ, revealed as the fullness and perfect image of God. Your teen will reflect on the last part of the Apostles’ Creed, which is studied as the summation of the faith that has been handed on to us through the Church. They will study key aspects of the Sacraments and reflect on the Ten Commandments. Your teen is invited to a meaningful life based on Gospel values and morality, a call to hope and personal faith in the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Through a study of the various forms of prayer and sacramental celebrations, they are encouraged to make life-affirming choices as a response to Jesus’ invitation to live a life of love and service.
Your teen will explore these themes through the study of 8 units:
- Unit 1: We believe in the Holy Spirit.
- Unit 2: We believe in the holy Church.
- Unit 3: We believe in one Catholic and Apostolic Church.
- Unit 4: We believe in the communion of saints.
- Unit 5: We believe in the forgiveness of sins.
- Unit 6: We believe in the resurrection of the body.
- Unit 7: We believe in life everlasting.
- Unit 8: Amen.
For more about Grade 8 Religious Education, contact your teen’s teacher.