École Secondaire Notre Dame High School's hockey academy mission is to support student learning, ice hockey skills fitness training, enhancing sports performance, motivation, sports etiquette and sports psychology.
Through a combination of theory and practical exposure to hockey, student/athletes enrolled in the program will learn about the sport and personal development.
Our program is developed for hockey athletes, Grade 10-12, looking to bring their game and their training to a new level. This exciting period is the beginning of a journey that will forever have a direct effect on a student-athletes overall experience and success.
On average, students are on the ice three times a week developing their hockey skills. Under the guidance of professional experienced coach and a goal-tending instructor, they work on skating techniques, puck control, shooting, defensive play, and creativity.
- Is based on scientifically proven methods effective in creating greater athleticism
- Will increase your speed, power, flexibility, nutritional knowledge, and overall fitness
- Will educate you on how to train effectively, minimize injury and maximize your fitness
- Will expose you to possible careers associated with your sport passion
Advantages of our Academy:
- Opportunity to increase their skills in a Catholic educational environment
- More ice time and high-level instruction
- An opportunity to explore fitness and sport-related careers
- Position-specific training for forwards, defense and goalies
- Includes Physical Education courses designed to meet the elite needs of our clientele
- Students will benefit from the strong community developed as a member of the Academy
- Flexible timetable and ongoing support which will make your high school years an accommodating experience
Program participants are required to pay a fee of up to $600 (subject to change based on ice and off-ice costs). This is strictly a cost recovery fee designed to cover facility rental and travel.