What is GrACE?
GrACE stands for Grateful Advocates for Catholic Education. The goal of GrACE is to advocate for publicly-funded Catholic education across the province of Alberta. It is supported by the Alberta Bishops, Alberta Catholic School Trustees and Catholic School Superintendents of Alberta.
The mission of GrACE is to inspire, invigorate and embolden the spirit of Catholic education in order to unite, engage, educate and communicate with one voice on its behalf. GrACE is a partnership of stakeholders resolutely committed to Catholic education within the province of Alberta.
The gift of publicly-funded Catholic education in Alberta is a blessing. As a community, we are called in gratitude, faith and action to ensure that our children and future generations continue to learn and grow in our Catholic schools.
Did you know?
- Publicly-funded Catholic schools are constitutionally protected and have been educating children in Alberta for 158 years.
- 180,000 students currently attend Catholic schools in Alberta.
- Alberta is one of three provinces in Canada with publicly funded Catholic education.
- Catholic schools welcome all and educate both Catholic and non-Catholic students.
- Catholic education affirms parents as their children's primary educators and respect the rights of parents to choose the school division that best meets their needs.
- Catholic schools' deepest desire is to ensure that every child knows and experiences the love of God through the witness of their community.
- Principles of diversity and inclusion are central in the teachings of the Catholic Church and permeate all aspects and curriculum in a Catholic school.
- Catholic schools are committed to academic excellence.
Our school division has one GrACE group. If you are interested in more information or want to get involved, please contact Kim Pasula by email, kim.pasula (@) rdcrs.ca
Use the hashtag #gottagracegroup to join the conversation.
For additional information on GrACE from the Council of Catholic School Superintendents of Alberta (CCSSA), click here.