Catholic Education Works!
Catholic Education is Different.
Consider it for your child.
About Red Deer Catholic Regional Schools:
- We are publicly funded and an integral part of Alberta's education system.
- We welcome students of all faiths who desire a Catholic education.
- We focus on the whole child and foster spiritual, academic, cultural, physical and social development.
- We provide quality inclusive education in Catholic faith communities.
- We focus on literacy because it is key to our students' success.
- We infuse technology into everyday practices to enhance learning for all students.
- We offer support for English as a Second Language (ESL) in all our schools.
A few facts about us:
- 93% of our parents, students, and staff say that our schools are safe and caring, compared to the Alberta average of 89%.
- 93% of our parents reported that the quality of education in our schools as excellent, compared to the provincial average of 90%.
- 88% of our students model characteristics of active citizenship, compared to the Alberta average of 83%.
- 90% of our parents and students reported our program of studies as excellent, compared to the provincial average of 82%.
- 86% of our teachers and parents agree that students are taught attitudes and behaviours that will make them successful at work, compared to the Alberta average of 83%.
- 88% of our students graduate within three years of entering high school compared to the provincial average of 79%.
(Source: Alberta Education, Accountability Pillar Report, November 2019)
These remarkable results are because of the dedication of our students, parents, educators, support staff and our parishes. While the Division is very proud of these accomplishments, we will continue our efforts to always improve.