The themes of the Grade 7 program follow the scriptural themes of Creation, Revelation, Covenant and Redemption in Christ. Your child is invited to reflect on the first two articles of the Apostles’ Creed as the summation of the faith that has been handed on to us through the Church. They will study the Hebrew and Christian Scriptures (Old and New Testaments) as the call to become co-creators with God in the responsible stewardship of creation. They will learn of God’s call to a Christian lifestyle of creedal faith in a praying and sacramental community. Furthermore, from the study of women and men of faith, by the power of the Holy Spirit, your child is invited to become a faithful witness of Jesus Christ. Opportunities are provided to highlight the Catholic liturgical seasons of Advent and Lent in the context of their scriptural roots.
Your child will explore these themes through the study of 10 units:
- Unit 1: I … We.
- Unit 2: We believe in God.
- Unit 3: We believe in God the Father Almighty.
- Unit 4: We believe in God … the Creator of heaven and earth.
- Unit 5: We believe in Jesus Christ his only Son.
- Unit 6: We believe in Jesus … Our Lord.
- Unit 7: We believe in Jesus … who was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary.
- Unit 8: He suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died and was buried. He descended to the dead.
- Unit 9: On the third day he rose. He ascended into heaven.
- Unit 10: He is seated at the right hand of the Father. He will come again to judge the living and the dead.
For more about Grade 7 Religious Education, contact your child’s teacher.