Dear Red Deer Catholic Regional Schools Families,
Dear Red Deer Catholic Regional Schools Families, Based on the most recent Alberta Government COVID-19 update on Friday, September 3, 2021, Red Deer Catholic Regional Schools (RDCRS) is implementing the following adjustments to our school re-entry plan. These adjustments are based on the medical evidence shared with us from Alberta Health regarding masking in indoor spaces as a way to mitigate transmission. Effective Tuesday, September 7, 2021:
- RDCRS requires that all staff, and students from Pre-Kindergarten - Grade 12, wear non-medical masks on school buses, and in all common areas in school buildings, or where physical distancing is not possible.
- In classrooms if students are front facing and seated in rows with spacing, students can remove masks.
- Individuals who are unable to wear a mask will require a medical exemption in alignment with Alberta Health CMOH Order 40-2021. Families will work with school administration on how this will apply to their child.
- For staff and students, masks are not required when outdoors or during physical activity.
- Rentals of facilities and schools will remain operational. Masking is mandatory for all rental groups.
- School sports will continue with masking requirements in place for students who are off fields of play. All spectators and coaches will be required to wear a mask.
- Large gatherings of students including assemblies will be paused.
- Cohorting will not be required at this time, however schools will examine what cohorting may look like and how to operationalize if it becomes needed.
- Alberta Health Services is no longer providing close contact tracing. Schools are only made aware of cases by individuals self-disclosing. If schools are made aware of a positive case within a classroom, they will inform affected families. Please note our schools may not be aware of all cases of COVID-19.
Thank you for your patience and support as we continue to navigate through the COVID-19 pandemic.