Our Acting Superintendent of Schools, Kathleen Finnigan explains what school will look like this upcoming school year.
Trusting in one another on the next step of this journey is essential for our school re-entry success. We are so excited to open our doors again and welcome everyone back. As we work together to ensure safety and wellbeing for all, we will do this work with grace and compassion toward students, staff and families as we meet everyone where they are at on this new journey.
To see our full School Re-Entry video series, please check out our YouTube channel.
Parent/Student Re-Entry Handbook
The Division is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for all students and staff. This guide has been developed to support the safe re-entry to school for the 2020/2021 school year within the direction provided by the Minister of Education and Alberta’s Chief Medical Officer of Health.
A combination of measures will be used to minimize exposure to pandemic viruses such as COVID-19. Safe work/learning procedures will protect staff and students. It is important that all staff, parents/guardians and community members follow the procedures outlined in this guide in order to prevent/mitigate exposure.
Click here to view the Handbook.
Please see the Alberta Government’s links below:
- K-12 School Re-Entry
- Guidance for Schools on Re-Entry Scenario 1
- Back to School During COVID-19
- 2020-2021 Parent Guide
- Self-Screening Questionnaire
- COVID-19: Masks
- Guidance for wearing of non-medical face masks for the general public
- Resource guide for COVID-19 outbreaks in schools
- Student Illness: if a child has COVID-19 symptoms
- Implementing school re-entry guidance
- Guidance for playgrounds
- Guidance for outdoor fitness
- Guidance for sport, physical activity and recreation
- Guidance for libraries
- Guidance for singing and vocal performance
- Guidance for live instrumental music
- Guidance for dance