The health and safety of our students and staff is our top priority. We will continue to focus on protecting the health of our students and staff in our school communities from illnesses, such as the coronavirus.
Please note that Red Deer Catholic Regional Schools takes direction from Alberta Health Services on any action or protocols. As such, we want to update you on the current status of our schools. There are no confirmed cases of the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) in our school communities. Should, for any reason, we believe this situation has changed, we will immediately advise you with this important information.
However, each of us still needs to play our part when it comes to keeping the flu/viruses from spreading to more people. Alberta Health Services advises that if your child is sick please call Health Link 811, limit their contact with others and have them stay at home.
By taking these proactive actions and by following the direction of Alberta Health Services we hope to prevent the virus from affecting our schools. To help prevent the spread of illness, we are encouraging staff, students and their families to do the following:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water. In locations where access to soap and water is limited, alcohol-based hand sanitizer is also available.
- Stay home when you are sick. If your kids are sick, please keep them home from school.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue and then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Avoid close contact with people.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
Many families might be planning trips outside Canada for March spring break. Travellers should always check for current travel notices on the Government of Canada website prior to travel.
You can also receive updated information by visiting the Alberta Health Services and World Health Organization websites. Also, we will post recent information from Alberta Health Services on our division website at rdcrs.ca and social media (Facebook/Twitter) @rdcrs.
In the meantime, stay healthy.