The Alberta Government announced that students will return to in-person classes for the 2020/2021 school year under Scenario 1 with enhanced health and safety measures. Please see Scenario 1 Re-Entry Guidelines at https://www.alberta.ca/k-to-12-school-re-entry-2020-21-school-year.aspx
Our school division has been working on a Relaunch Plan since the beginning of June to ensure our schools are safe with in-person classes starting this fall.
We have the following health and safety measures already in place in our schools:
- Hand sanitizer stations are placed at every entrance
- Hand sanitizer in every classroom and student spaces
- Extra cleaning of high touch surface areas by day people and custodial staff
- Physical distancing markers inside, as well as outside
- Water fountains have been covered for water bottles only
- Protection screens being placed at front entries of schools
- Educational materials and signage posted in schools
- We have purchased PPE for all of our staff
- Purchasing disinfectant supplies for all classrooms
The Alberta Government has developed a comprehensive re-entry tool kit to prepare parents and students for what to expect in the new school year. The tool kit includes videos for students explaining some of the health measures, a guide for parents, frequently asked questions, school posters, a self-screening questionnaire in multiple languages and links to health guidelines.
We understand that you will have many questions. School administration will communicate with you about school-specific health and safety measures, as well as daily operations before the start of the school year.