Updates on COVID-19
As we work together to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our students and staff, please continue to follow the Alberta Health's guidelines in all aspects of your daily lives. Our actions can help prevent the spread of COVID-19 and are essential to keeping our communities safe.
Currently, schools with COVID-19 cases are described as either being on alert, outbreak or watch. Each category reflects a certain number of cases at a particular school.
As of Monday, January 18, the following terms will be used:
- Alert: one to four cases
- Outbreak: five-plus cases
The term “watch,” which many partners found confusing, will no longer be used.
Please learn more about learning during COVID-19, please visit the Alberta Government's website.
Mandatory Use of Masks
The Alberta Government announced on August 4 that non-medical masks will be mandatory for Grade 4-12 students and staff when school returns for in-person instruction on August 31, 2020. Pre-Kindergarten - Grade 12 students will be provided with two reusable non-medical masks. Non-medical masks will be required in all shared and common spaces, such as hallways and on school buses. Masks will remain optional for Pre-Kindergarten - Grade 3 students. For more information, please visit the Alberta Government website.
All 2020-2021 diploma exams are optional this school year due to COVID-19.
- Students will get an exemption if they choose not to write a diploma exam.
- To receive an exemption, students need to take the course and get a current school-awarded mark.
Learn more about writing diploma exams this year.
Provincial Achievement Tests (PATs)
Our school Division has chosen not to participate in Provincial Achievement Tests this school year.
Where can we get updated information on COVID-19?
What can I do to prevent the spread of COVID-19?
To help prevent the spread of illness, we are encouraging you to do the following:
- Wash your hands often and well. Refer to hand-washing guidance at https://www.albertahealthservices.ca/info/Page14955.aspx
- Avoid touching your face, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Clean and disinfect surfaces that are frequently touched
- Stay at home and away from others if you are feeling ill
- When sick, cover your cough and sneeze and then wash your hands. Refer to respiratory etiquette guidance at https://www.albertahealthservices.ca/info/Page14511.aspx
You can also find more information at https://www.alberta.ca/coronavirus-info-for-albertans.aspx