Updates on COVID-19
Where can we get updated information on COVID-19?
Mandatory Use of Masks
The Alberta Government announced on August 4 that non-medical masks will be mandatory for Grade 4-12 students and staff when school returns for in-person instruction on August 31, 2020. Pre-Kindergarten - Grade 12 students will be provided with two reusable non-medical masks. Non-medical masks will be required in all shared and common spaces, such as hallways and on school buses. Masks will remain optional for Pre-Kindergarten - Grade 3 students. For more information, please visit the Alberta Government website.
All 2020-2021 diploma exams are optional this school year due to COVID-19.
- Students will get an exemption if they choose not to write a diploma exam.
- To receive an exemption, students need to take the course and get a current school-awarded mark.
Learn more about writing diploma exams this year.
Provincial Achievement Tests (PATs)
Our school Division has chosen not to participate in Provincial Achievement Tests this school year.
What can I do to prevent the spread of COVID-19?
To help prevent the spread of illness, we are encouraging you to do the following:
- Wash your hands often and well. Refer to hand-washing guidance at https://www.albertahealthservices.ca/info/Page14955.aspx
- Avoid touching your face, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Clean and disinfect surfaces that are frequently touched
- Stay at home and away from others if you are feeling ill
- When sick, cover your cough and sneeze and then wash your hands. Refer to respiratory etiquette guidance at https://www.albertahealthservices.ca/info/Page14511.aspx
You can also find more information at https://www.alberta.ca/coronavirus-info-for-albertans.aspx