Updates on COVID-19
Mandatory Use of Masks
The Alberta Government announced on August 4 that non-medical masks will be mandatory for Grade 4-12 students and staff when school returns for in-person instruction on August 31, 2020. Pre-Kindergarten - Grade 12 students will be provided with two reusable non-medical masks. Non-medical masks will be required in all shared and common spaces, such as hallways and on school buses. Masks will remain optional for Pre-Kindergarten - Grade 3 students.
For more information on the announcement, please visit the Alberta Government website.
Please read our parent letter on what to expect this upcoming school year.
Where can we get updated information on COVID-19?
What can I do to prevent the spread of COVID-19?
To help prevent the spread of illness, we are encouraging you to do the following:
- Wash your hands often and well. Refer to hand-washing guidance at https://www.albertahealthservices.ca/info/Page14955.aspx
- Avoid touching your face, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Clean and disinfect surfaces that are frequently touched
- Stay at home and away from others if you are feeling ill
- When sick, cover your cough and sneeze and then wash your hands. Refer to respiratory etiquette guidance at https://www.albertahealthservices.ca/info/Page14511.aspx
You can also find more information at https://www.alberta.ca/coronavirus-info-for-albertans.aspx