Trusting in one another on the next step of this journey is essential for our success. As we work together to ensure safety and wellbeing for all, we will do this work with grace and compassion toward students, staff and families as we meet everyone where they are at on this new journey.
The Division is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for all students and staff. This guide has been developed to support the safe re-entry to school for the 2020/2021 school year within the direction provided by the Minister of Education and Alberta’s Chief Medical Officer of Health.
A combination of measures will be used to minimize exposure to pandemic viruses such as COVID-19. Safe work/learning procedures will protect staff and students. It is important that all staff, parents/guardians and community members follow the procedures outlined in this guide in order to prevent/mitigate exposure.
Click here to view the Handbook.
To see our full video series of what in-person classes look like, please check out our YouTube channel.
Please see the Alberta Government’s links below:
- K-12 School Re-Entry
- Guidance for Schools on Re-Entry Scenario 1
- Back to School During COVID-19
- Guidance for Parents of Children Attending School
- 2020-2021 Parent Guide
- Self-Screening Questionnaire
- COVID-19: Masks
- Guidance for wearing of non-medical face masks for the general public
- Resource guide for COVID-19 outbreaks in schools
- Student Illness: if a child has COVID-19 symptoms
- Implementing school re-entry guidance
- Guidance for playgrounds
- Guidance for outdoor fitness
- Guidance for sport, physical activity and recreation
- Guidance for libraries
- Guidance for singing and vocal performance
- Guidance for live instrumental music
- Guidance for dance
Parent Help Line
Alberta Education has instituted a helpline and email for parents of students during COVID-19 and at-home learning. The line is 780-422-6548 (toll-free by first dialing 310-0000, followed by the 10-digit phone number) or via email at email@example.com.
The Parent Help Line will be answered Monday through Friday from 8:15 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.